Monday, August 20, 2007

Calling all of you all (to Denver)

Dear Palaeoamigos,

I recently found out that an abstract I submitted to this year's GSA was accepted, so I'll be traveling to Denver in October to check out that scene. It was a blast and a half when I went during the MSc year (you may or may not have noticed my absence), so I can highly recommend it -- is anyone else planning to attend? I found Monsieur Bells in the database... Anyone else? It would be fantabulous to see you.

I would also like to renew my invitation to all of you to come and visit me here in Boston. It's a fabulous place, especially in the fall. I am pleased to announce that Monsieur Koenstein has already announced his intention to visit (and, while he's here, look at some dino bones at the museum), so follow his bold lead, good friends, find an excuse to require the Harvard Museum of Natural History for your work, obtain some funding, and let's partay!

Hope you are all well,
Ciao!

- Ben.

2 comments:

John D. Orcutt said...

Sadly, no, I won't be in Denver this year, on account of I'll be presenting in Austin for SVP the previous week and would probably have a hard time convincing my department that two consecutive weeks of conferences is worth my time and their money. Speaking of which, will I be seeing any of your smiling faces in Texas this year?
Also, while Boston is indeed a lovely city (the best on the East Coast - take that, New York!) that is really very stunning in Autumn, the real reason to come to the US is not for our cities but for our landscape. And relative to Massachusetts, Oregon has a lot more wilderness. Just food for thought for any of you that are planning on a trip stateside anytime soon...

Blue said...

Thanks for the plug for the dinosaurs at the Harvard Museum of Natural History,
www.hmnh.harvard.edu .. For those celebrating the Linneus 300th, the museum will have a one day display on Nov. 6th of Carolus Linnaeus' historic book, Systema Naturae http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systema_Naturae, which is being toured about the world in honor of the anniversary.