Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Greetings from Bristol! (but not for much longer)

Hello there chaps and chapesses!

I've got a job! An actual, real, proper job! In Glasgow, of all places. At the Hunterian museum, cataloguing their entire collections (well, writing brief descriptions of the contents of each and every drawer and shelf, to be put onto a google-linked searchable database). Which may not sound much fun, but I'm excited!
I've been scouring flatshare websites, and I'm planning to go flat-hunting up there at the weekend. Got to get a move on, because I'm supposed to start at the end of the month! Eek! Although, of course, being a university-run thing they're very slow on paperwork and I haven't had anything in writing yet! Or been given a firm start date. But I'm being pateint and not panicking yet.

So looks like I won't be going to SVP after all! Or any of the gigs I'd bought tickets for - there's a David Attenborough thing on at the Colston in September that I really wanted to go to! D'you think I can fly down for one evening?!

3 comments:

We Are Palaeontologists said...

Oops, forgot to put my name on it, and can't figure out how to edit the damned post!

Rachel

GB said...

Rach that is absolutely fantastic! Congratulations.

For David Attenbourgh, I think flying down for one night is definitely justifiable.

Congrats once again. I love Glasgow. Make sure you have waterproof shoes/boots and don't even think about umbrellas. The wind destroys them all

Lys

We Are Palaeontologists said...

Ah, I have a secret weapon against the wind - my Mr Men umbrella. OK, it's a kid's novelty umbrella, it's tiny and very silly (a bus driver asked me the other day if I'd borrowed my daughter's umbrella! Cheeky bugger. Do I look like I have kids?!), but no wind known to man can turn it inside-out.
Is it really that bad there? I obviously went up on a good day for my interview - the sun was shining and it was nice and hot!


Rach