Friday, September 28, 2007

Miss you guys

Dear fellow padwans,

It's really been too long, and I'm sorry for not staying in touch. I was caught in the tight grip of the dark side...

It's Friday afternoon, and I'm procrastinating as always (who wouldn't), and I discovered the email (dated somewhere in February) about the palaeoblog. I've been reading all the posts, and thought it is about time I let hear from myself.

You probably all heard I live in 'gemütliches' Bonn now, studying dinosaur bone tissue, and now I can add that my koenosaur (you know, the gliding lizards) paper has been accepted in Palaeontology. Yipeekayay! I have been working my ass off on that one.

Now I can concentrate on cutting up dinosaur bone and grinding it into thin sections. As a matter of fact, I'll be going to SVP in Texas in October to do some more sampling. It would be fab if I could meet any of you guys there. Ben gave away my intention to visit MCZ at Harvard. That wil unfortunately not go trough as they are currently reorganising (new staff) and could not tell me anything better than 'The stuff you are looking for is in South America.' Guess I'll have to go to South America then...
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be going to Palass this year, as it is turning out a bit expensive (nothing to present, i.e. pay it myself).

Great, the afternoon has turned into an evening, I can go home now... I promise I'll be checking the forum more often from now on (and posting stuff too).

I wish you all the best,

Koenstein

1 comment:

John D. Orcutt said...

You're going to be at SVP? Outstanding! Austin is the only worthwhile city in the entire state of Texas; in fact, it's one of my favorites cities in the entire country. When do you arrive and how long are you staying?